Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It's Official: New Cal Uniforms

For months now, there have been rumblings of new Cal Bears uniforms. I scrounged up what I could in in screenshots from videos and official shots from EA for the new NCAA 09 games. Well we've got finally got the official word from the Cal Athletics Department.

The official photos confirm what we saw coming. The solid stripes on the sides of the pants, and a solo lightning-esque stripe running across the top of the helmet.

More photos after the break.

According to the Athletics Department, athletes, coaches and staff have been hard at work on the new jerseys for the last 18 months, and they seem pretty stoked about them.





"I think the new look will help us build a new image," Cal senior linebacker Worrell Williams said. "It keeps us up to date and it shows the dedication that our coaches, administration and Nike have to the Cal program. A change in uniform always adds excitement to the team."

Cal is already schilling the new jerseys, and you can already purchase the new jerseys to rock them for the opening game against Michigan state. (Go with the Gold jerseys if you want to participate in the whole "Gold Out" campaign).

Oh and the Cal's press release also has a really cool photo gallery showing off the various Cal jerseys through the years which is uber awesome. While I'm not completely sold just yet on the jerseys, I think I've made up my mind that I'll instantly be a fan as soon as I see the Bears storm through the tunnel on opening day. Hey I've liked all the other ones, why stop now?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

me no like.

- peter

Bear with Fangs said...

You'll like em if Cal goes 13-0 in them next year.

Jamie said...

anything that may add to the accentuation of guys' butts is HOT! me joking =) on another note, i agree with Williams. i think a slightly new and bolder image will stir up some excitement and add to team unity. =) GO BEARS!!!

Anonymous said...

For some reason, I like the way the new pattern looks on the blue jersey and the blue pants, but not on the gold jersey; the previous gold jersey design sits better with me.

The NCAA '09 screenshots don't look bad though, so I won't pass judgment yet.