Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cal Bears as Green Bay Packers: News


A few quick articles involving some of your beloved Cal Bears grads as Green Bay Packers. Most notably involved Aa-ron Rodgers *clap clap clap clap clap* and "The Bishop."

Bishop benefits from OTA Opportunity:

"His most notable plays came in pass coverage. During a red-zone drill, quarterback Aaron Rodgers was trying to go deep over the middle to the tight end for a touchdown, and Bishop leaped high into the air to bat the ball down with one hand. He took some grief from his teammates for that play, because had he not swatted the ball away, safety Nick Collins may have been in position to intercept it. But it was an impressive, athletic play nonetheless."

Rodgers no long Packer's Plan B:

"It's starting to hit me now that we've got competitive in our offseason training stuff (and) OTA practices," (Rodgers) said. "It's definitely kind of felt more like my team ...

"Which is pretty cool."


As a die hard 49ers, it's still amazing to me that I'm slowly becoming a Packers fan considering the rivalry we had going on in the 90s. Maybe it's my begrudging but deep respect for Favre, and what he meant to the game, or the passion and tradition of Green Bay's franchise and fans (one of the few NFL teams that I think can match the ferver of some top college football programs), but the added presence of some of my boys from the Golden Bears squad from the last few years has pretty much sealed the deal.

So go Rodgers! Go Bishop! And I never thought I 'd say this, but GO Packers! (except when playing the 49ers).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, i find myself rooting for the packers now too. though, it helps that my brother, for no apparent reason, has been a packers' fan for many, many years.

Anonymous said...

Come on people. Screw the Silicon Valley '99 Bubblers (new name). And please.... take off that RED SHIRT!!!

oh yeah, go Aaron! go boller! go riley!

Bear with Fangs said...

Niners all the way.

And "anonymous" that red shirt is saving Rodgers' life.

Go Boller? I mean I hope the guy does well...in his backup role. And Riley? what about Nate the Great? :)

And Rag, you can cheer for the Packers, but if you're originally from the Bay Area, you best remember your roots.

Caleb said...

yay aaron!