Thursday, July 10, 2008

Really Cool Cal Football Promo Video

It's safe to say that I haven't been really impressed with the Cal Athletics Marketing Department over the past few years. A lot of their videos have been pretty crude and amateur looking to say in the least (save for the Cal Oregon '06 Hightlight Video) which still gives me chills some times.

If you head over to the official Cal Bears site though, you'll find one of the coolest videos they've made...possibly ever. I've included it below for ya'll to check out.

[EDIT: TwistnHook from the CaliforniaGoldenBlogs were right. You can't stop the video from auto playing. So click on the pic below to go to the official Cal page and just view it there.]


It would be quite awesome to see a different version (sans the ticket sales message) of this played on the "jumbotron" at Memorial Stadium right before the team runs out of the tunnel to take the field. Or Cal could update the video with new highlights as the season progresses. Whoa whoa...I think I'm getting a little ahead of myself. Baby steps.

What do you guys think? Are there any better Cal Football videos that you guys know of?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There will never be another video better than Bethea firing up the team before the 2003 game vs. SC, made even better by what happened on the field.

All for one
One for all
We come to fight
Till we can't fight no more
Lay down bleed a while
Get up fight some more
Go Cali
Go Cali

Bear with Fangs said...

I agree in that the Bethea video still sends chills down my spin to this day, but I have a feeling a few choice words prevent the Cal Athletic Dept. from ever putting that on the website.