Wednesday, May 7, 2008

New Nyan Boateng Highlight Video

I was pretty surprised to stumble across the following Nyan Boateng Spring Highlight video.



Why? Well for one, up until this point, I haven't seen any footage of any Cal practices, and found it interesting that I found one that actually used official sideline and endzone angles. (By the way, I definitely suggest watching the video in high-res, if you decide to play it in a separate window.)

Secondly, it's no secret that Cal has been incredibly hush-hush in regards to making sure they don't reveal too much information about the team and its practices during the Spring. The absence of a true Spring Scrimmage. The closed practices. The strict prohibition of any photos or media taken of formations. Bob Gregory's refusal to outrightly state that we're switching to the 3-4.

The list goes on.

What I'm not surprised about is Boateng's athletic ability. The guy shows some good speed, and makes some nice grabs. I am however, a little concerned about how open he was getting on some of those plays. I know our defense has outplayed our offense for the most part this spring, but I still break out in hives whenever I see flashes of receivers breaking away from our corners like that (Curse you Robert Meachem).

So how long until the Cal Athletic Department asks that the video be removed? Even though I'm sure it's a private video, hosted on a public forum, I'd be surprised if you all were able to still view this video come this time next week.

[EDIT: The video has already been removed. Sheesh. It didn't even make it a whole day.

I feel bad that you guys came all the way to my site to check out a video that's been deleted, so here's a new Nyan Boateng highlight video, showing off clips from him in HS (playing basketball as well) in addition to some short clips from him at Florida.]

<

0 comments: