Tuesday, May 6, 2008

New Cal Uniforms?

[UPDATE: Cal has officially announced the new jerseys.]

For a few weeks now, there have been mumblings and grumblings in the Cal Football fan community of new uniforms to be revealed this upcoming season. No one had really been able to get any confirmation of this or nab any photos of what these might look like.

Until now.

Okay. Not really. The only real “evidence” I found was when I was looking at some gameplay video of NCAA Football 09. In a video highlighting Cal vs. Florida State, we got what may potentially be the new uniforms, in rendered video game form. Take a look for yourself.


More pictures and the video itself after the bump.


Here's a video of actual gameplay action.


As you can see, looks like Cal is going for the single gold stripe on top of the solid Yale blue. And doing some funky stuff with the gold stripes on the pants as well. As if there wasn’t enough reason to think our unis looked a lot like West Virginia’s.

Not sure what I think about it at this point. The Cyberbears at the message boards seem to be pretty much against it at this point. I remember thinking the golden yellow uniforms were a bit strange at first, and now I think they’re pretty sweet. The fact that we haven’t lost in them doesn’t hurt as well.

So if these screenshots indeed prove what our new unis are going to look like this upcoming year, what do you all think?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was another supposed future Cal jersey on Ebay that's been linked to a few times on Growls over the off-season. Most people seemed to dismiss it without much thought but I think that was because it was before Marvin Jones broke the news that Cal was getting new jerseys. So maybe it really was a real jersey that leaked out. Or maybe just a unique prototype/tester. I don't really like either (the one on Ebay or these video game jerseys). I love what we have right now but I guess I'm biased since the current jerseys are all that I've really known.

Bear with Fangs said...

Good stuff Hydro. You happen to have any images or links to the jersey that was on ebay?

Again, it's too early to say, but I actually don't instantly hate the current jersey. I do think they look a little bit like the Chargers unis though. We'll see how they look (if they are indeed real) on the field.

Anonymous said...

I looked on ebay last night but couldn't find it. It was on ebay a while ago (months ago).

Anonymous said...

That white on blue doesn't look bad. Are there pictures anywhere of the new blue and gold jerseys?

From a WVU fan, I hope you guys kick the crap out of Maryland.

Bear with Fangs said...

I hope we kick the crap out of WVU too. I haven't seen anything of the blue and gold unis yet, but I'm not sure we'll have one in the game.

One of my more recent posts has footage of our gold and blue unis though:
http://www.bearswithfangs.com/2008/05/desean-jackson-whups-on-owen-schmittin.html

Anonymous said...

there is some more pics of the new uniforms on the ea site. they have a zoomed out pic of the yellow uniforms and you can see the blue ones in the background of another(one of the oregon pics)

(http://www.easports.com/
ncaa09/media.jsp)

The yellow uniforms http://www.easports.com/downloads/
easports/ncaa09/images/playbookblog
0.jpg

Anonymous said...

http://www.vimeo.com/991411?pg=embed&sec=991411

check this out
new alternate jerseys

Bear with Fangs said...

Sweetness thanks! I was waiting for those to pop up as I had been checking the daily updates.

I posted the same video earlier though, in a previous post about the beatdown Desean gave Owen.

Anonymous said...

Look what I found on Eastbay.

Go to this address:
http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/productdetail/module--unknown/action--view/supercat--fangear/model_nbr--51680/sku--15300813/cm--35001331/

Anonymous said...

Well... Cal officially announces their new uniforms with some mockup images.

http://calbears.cstv.com/view.gal?id=29889