Thursday, August 28, 2008

College Football Season Starts Today!

After more than seven painful months, it’s finally here: The start of College Football Season.

Of course, in my mind, the season doesn’t officially start until Saturday at 5PM, but you’ve got one pumped up Bear Blogger nonetheless.

To Kick it Off We’ve Got…Oregon State vs. Stanford?


Man…that’ll be like watching two kids with speech impediments slug it out in a Spelling Bee…
“T-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-T…uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-O”
Whatever. I’m still going to watch it. Go Beavers!

THAT WAS AWESOME! Who was that again?
Here’s a really cool tool to help Cal fans memorize numbers in time for their game on Saturday: Online Flash Cards for Players’ Numbers. Remember, Coach Tedford has announced that the jerseys aren’t going to have any names this year, so this is your chance to brush up before the game.


An Alternative to Gold Out?
Without the backing of the University, a Gold Out for Memorial Stadium seems unlikely, although that doesn’t mean one shouldn’t try. How about this shirt?

New Cal Marketing Video
Cal’s got a new promo video up. Not as cleanly edited for as Red Bull chugging as their previous Every Game Counts video, but still miles ahead of their previous efforts. Check it out on the main page.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention of the online flash cards I set up for memorizing players' names and numbers.

Happy to hear you think it's a "a really cool tool!"

Go Bears!

Bear with Fangs said...

Yeh, man sorry I didn't give you proper credit, but I definitely encourage people to check it out. Good stuff.

Anonymous said...

Nah, I wasn't looking for credit. Apologies if I gave you that impression. I'm just excited it's getting exposure! Thanks again!

Just a couple more days 'till the Bears kick off. Can't wait!

Go Bears!

Newton

Bear with Fangs said...

Haha, don't worry I didn't take it that way. Just slipped my mind to credit ya. But def. good stuff, and anything that leads to Cal fans actually knowing their players is a plus in my book.