Friday, August 1, 2008

Bear Bits: Bears in the NFL Updates, Williams Interview, and Tedford Updates His Blog

...I'll start off with this: A pic of actual Cal players rocking the new jerseys. I found this on the new Bear Insider Forum. For the record, the number 1 is being shared by the Worrell Williams and freshman receiver Marvin Jones. I know he looks short, but I’m pretty sure that’s Worrell and his massive arms sticking out of that helmet there...

...Speaking of Worrell, Ted Miller’s ESPN Blog on the Pac-10 (which is absolutely fantastic by the way) has a pretty good interview with him. Nothing groundbreaking, but it’s fun to see Miller constantly try to milk out juicy quotes or bulletin board material from Williams. It’s as if he pretty much wants Williams to declare that Cal’s ready to dominate, and WW’s going to lead the charge…


…A few updates on Bears in the NFL…


Desean’s beginning to get his act together after annoying Eagles Head Coach Andy Reid with his inability to participate in practices after aggravating a hamstring injury. Allegedly, Jackson also turned down an offer to work out with Donovan McNabb during the offseason, wanting to work out alone in CA. Mmm...apparently you didn’t see this Desean…



I’m really hoping Forsett makes the Seahawks roster…It’s looking tough with the crowded running back situation there, but I can assure Seattle they will not be disappointed by holding on to the guy. He’s exactly the type of guy you want on your team. Now, if Seattle were to release Forsett so he could sign a free agent deal with Buffalo to be right back behind Marshawn Lynch again…then well…


Glen Dickey has an article up regarding the Cal QB situation. Some pretty interesting quotes to be found…


…Speaking of good quotes, here’s a good one from Tedford at the Bay Area Media Day regarding a race that took place last year between Desean Jackson and Jahvid Best (courtesy of the Daily Cal):


"They kind of raced one day, and the whole team was egging them on," Tedford said. "They took off, and Jahvid was right behind DeSean and looking at him. Then Jahvid went (past him a bit), and then out of respect he kind of pulled off a little bit, and DeSean went ahead. But I think that's just because Jahvid's a nice guy."


Doesn’t surprise me one bit. Jahvid is apparently as good of a kid as he is blazing. Which makes him the guy version of Mother Theresa…


Oh and Coach Tedford has finally updated his blog. Yeah that’s right, Tedford has a blog. And it looks nicer than mine. Great. Read on to read the juicy details of his European excursion with his family…

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fangs, feel free to use my HL vids anytime you want. I made them for Goldenblogs, but they're really for all fans.

http://www.viddler.com/ronenglish1/videos/

danzig

Bear with Fangs said...

Hey Danzig. Sweet! Thanks, although I'm having difficulty clicking on the link. It keep rerouting me to the main viddler page...

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. that website is buggy, but they have one of the best quality encoders.

Try linking directly to one of the vids and clicking on my username 'ronenglish1' ... you can take the embed codes from there.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/ronenglish1/videos/13/

ALSO: I'm making other highlights but don't have time to write any kind of post associated with them. I'm currently making vids of Lynch and our linebackers (follet/will/felder). Lynch in three parts and LBs in two.

If you wanted to write something associated with these two topics, I'll send you the embed code first and won't post it anywhere else for 24hrs... but only if the vids are a part of some written post.

If not feel free to embed whenever I updated my account with new vids.

Bear with Fangs said...

Hey Danzig, I'd love to write something about one of your videos man. That'd be sweet!

I love me some Marshawn Lynch, but I have a feeling TwistnHook might want first dibs on anything Beastmode related...

I can have something written up about the Cal Linebackers within the next few days, let me know if that works. Why don't you shoot me an email, (you can use the "Contact me" section), and I'll give you more details there. Thanks Danzig.

Anonymous said...

I just emailed you.

Bear with Fangs said...

Hmm, I haven't received it yet...I'll keep an eye out for it, but you may want to send it again?

Anonymous said...

I have sent two follow up emails... I think the first one is getting bounced by your spam filters because I attached a text file to it (with the video embed codes in it).

This time I sent the first message without an attachment (i hope you get that one) and sent a followup with the embed codes (which your server might reject again).

Subject line starts with 'Linebacker Videos'. Let me know when you've received both.

Bear with Fangs said...

Ahh whew, I found them in my spam folders. Though the second ones, ended up there as well. Let me take a look and respond soon. Thanks Danzig!