Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring Practice Notes Update: "Official" Stats

Just an update to my Spring Practice Notes. Sitting in the stands, I couldn't provide anything but a guestimation as to some of the stats. Rusty Simmons, the SF Chronicle Staff Writer was taking better notes than I was, so he provided some good numbers in his Spring Practice Report here.

  • Riley was 4 of 7 passes for 30 yards, including a well-thrown 11-yard touchdown to Michael Calvin. He also had a 8 yard scramble on the first passing play of the day
  • Mansion went 2-for-7 for 30 yards, no touchdowns and no interceptions. Most of those yards came from his connection with Jeremy Ross that Ross turned into a 28-yarder.
  • Tracy Slocum who's been getting a lot of attention for his recent string of performances in Spring Ball (and deservedly so) ran 11 times for 74 yards and 2 TDs, one from 10 yards out, and one another from 12. He also blocked a punt.
  • Two of Anger's punts went 60 and 54 yards.
  • Syd'Quan's punt return that was called back for clipping went for 70 yards.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you or will you have RSS subscription available. Great work on the new blog, i really like the layout and look forward to contributing in the future.

Bear with Fangs said...

I DO! I'm new to a lot of these blogging applications, so I just threw in my RSS subscription at the top of the page in the left column, so please subscribe. Thanks for reading, it means a lot and tell your friends!

Anonymous said...

Good looking blog, man. You write like you've been doing this for years.

Anyways, I run calbearwire.com which aggregates all cal football and basketball news and organizes it by categories and tags. I saw the link to this blog on the scout MB as I snoop around there.

I added your your blog link and syndicated your feed on the site. If you can throw me a link back, I'd really appreciate it.

Keep up the good work!

-Andrew

Anonymous said...

also. You're going to want to get on ballhype.com and yardbarker.com. That's the best way to pimp a new blog.

Bear with Fangs said...

Hey Andrew, thanks a lot man! I really appreciate it, and I've gone ahead and linked your site on my blog. Keep up the good work yourself!

Sean said...

i love this site!! ahha