Sunday, September 27, 2009

Rankings Update: Week 5

Not that it matters too much any more, but the Bears stumbled 18 spots to number 24 in the latest rankings following their 42-3 loss to the Oregon Ducks on Saturday.

The Ducks who have beaten back to back ranked teams in the past few weeks have reentered the rankings at #16.

The Bears face #7 ranked USC in a critical home game this Saturday. A loss would drop the Bears from the rankings and possibly out of the conference race altogether.

Honestly, although I thought the Bears should have been ranked I wouldn't have been surprised one bit had they fallen out of the rankings completely. Top 10 teams simply don't lose the way Cal did yesterday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lousy game. I had no idea we were so bad. We will fall out of the rankings next week and stay out for the rest of the season. That game was an embarrassment.

Ryan in Texas said...

Gosh, yeah, last week was a big disappointment, and while I'm definitely not as excited about the USC game as I was about the Oregon game, I'm trying not to lose complete interest. Heck, I still remember in my freshman year when the Bears went 1-10, lost the Big Game and didn't win that last game until the very end- against Rutgers. Urgh. We at least have a chance at the conference title still this year. Lets hope for better things ahead.