Monday, September 21, 2009

A Minnesota Conversation

This is neither insightful or newsworthy, but I thought it was a bit funny to track the absolute highs and lows during a conversation with a friend while watching the Minnesota on two different sides of the country. Enjoy.

2:25 PM Jessica: BearwithFangs,
i cannot handle this
are you watching
this is ridic
i'm so pisssssed off right now

2:29 PM me: I'm pretty pissed too

Jessica: RILEY SUCKS RIGHT NOW
I"M SOOOOOOOOO MAD
OMG
OMG

2:30 PM me: ..

Jessica: I'm feeling so let down
i hate being let down
because it happens ALL the time

me: ANGER SMASH!
I know
I know

2:32 PM Jessica: we need a better DEFENSE
i'm so pissed
i cant watch this
i really cant
i hate being a cal bear
hate it
2:33 PM OMG
BAD CALLLLLLLL
2:34 PM we have to dig really deep right now!!!

2:35 PM me: That was a horrendous call
Our defense is playing ok
Except for hagan

Jessica: that guy
2 TDs on him
wtf

me: Our ST are killing us
Altho better second half
Penalties and we’re not getting best involved

Jessica: we need best in the game asap!
2:36 PM and we need to prevent them from scoring
i cant watch this phil
i really cant
my stomach hurts
just watching this crap

me: Haha
I know it’s painful

Jessica: so pissed
really
this is embarrassing
2:37 PM me: But just remind yourself that it’s not a conference game
Jessica: i don’t care
it's national tv
if we were truly a top 10 team
we got to play like one
conf or non conf
2:38 PM with rankings... comes expectations
so that's why i don’t like to be ranked

me: But rankings are the only way to be successful

Jessica: syd'quan
coming through

me: All premier programs learn to deal with them

2:39 PM Jessica: i guess... i just cant
haha

me: We can't sneak up on people forever

Jessica: we got to own the ranking tho
u know

me: Jeebus

Jessica: we got to live up to it

me: Omg

Jessica: that's what i struggle with
yes
scary
we gotta have a 8 min usc drive right now

2:42 PM me: Get the ball in best's hands..

2:43 PM Jessica: omg
2:51 PM Jessica: DEFENSE BEARS!

2:55 PM me: Gawd our special teams sucks
But our defense has been fairly solid..

Jessica: yes they do

2:56 PM me: Hold on you bears!

Jessica: thats going to make the difference with usc
special teams
3:00 PM GO BEARS RIGHT NOW!

3:07 PM me: Whew
Gee
Hold on

Jessica: whew
go bears
i can relax now
3:08 PM i love college football
3:21 PM Jessica: go bears!
onto eugene next week

3:22 PM me: HAHA
Man
Honestly I think this was good for us though
3:23 PM Teaches us how to deal with adversity
Playing on the road
Etc

4:21 PM Jessica: yea, i agree! i think we needed to prove that we can pull through at the end

4:33 PM me: Seriously I was going to throw up

5 comments:

oz said...

what a passionate fan!

you should be glad you are in new york... she was screaming in my ear at the maryland game that the defensive players need to punch out the ball every time they tackle. haha j/k jess!

GO BEARS!

Anonymous said...

You might've missed editing your name once more in that conversation.

Caleb said...

hahahahaha, oh jess

Sean said...

HAHAHA YES!! I have to say, I may have been worried the game, but I always believe until the end! and Riley did it! did you know Riley has the 6th highest passer rating in college football right now?!?!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/collegeQuarterbackRating/year/2009/group/80

GO BEARS!!!! YAHA WOOOOO!!!!

Kevin said...

that conversation was awesome!!

go bears!