Thursday, May 14, 2009

Jeff Tedford Interview on Chronicle Live Tonight



Props to PRD74 for getting this up.

The interview is pretty standard stuff.

They briefly discussed the competition at the QB position, reiterated Jahvid Best’s recuperation, the focus on establishing a strong running game. There was a good conversation on Tedford completely relegating all playcalling duties to OC Andy Ludwig. He admitted he’ll call a play when it’s needed, but he needs to give the playcaller the flexibility and freedom to “set a play up” that is staying one play ahead.



I found it interesting to see just how much Coach Tedford has changed, or possibly matured as a head coach in deferring certain responsibilities to his coordinators moreso now than he has ever in his career.

“For me to be what I need to be as a head coach, I need to give that up.” I had to give it up because I couldn’t do both. Calling plays in a game, you have to be 100% focused on you’re doing, and I found trying to do both, was very difficult to do for me.”

Other topics covered was his thoughts on the upcoming match up with USC, his thoughts on whether he prefers the front loaded schedule, Alex Mack and his high draft pick, his absolute trust in Defensive Coordinator Bob Gregory.

0 comments: