Monday, July 7, 2014

Goodbye

As if it weren't obvious already by the lack of posts for the past 8 months, Bears with Fangs is pretty much done as a blog.

Six years ago I started the blog as a hobby when there were just a few other independent Cal football blogs out there. The contrast in my life then and now is stark: I wasn't married, had a desk job that afforded me time to research, contemplate and post, and was consumed with my passion for Cal football and its relative success.

Now, I'm married with a baby boy, and have changed careers completely. Rarely, if ever do I have time to spend two to three hours to pump out a blog post.

And let's be honest here, writing about Cal football has become less enjoyable. Reading over some of my previous posts last year had me reliving just how brutal it was to constantly write about the current state of affairs with Cal football.

Still, I find it hard to imagine that I'd still find the time to blog even if Cal were soaring at uber-successful levels.

All in all, I look back at my time with BearswithFangs really fondly. It was a fun way to connect with readers and admittedly pretty exciting when I found out what I had written reached a large reader base like when I was linked and cited in ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Diablo Magazine, etc. Not many bloggers can say that.

Thanks to all the readers who even lent a minute of their time to read something I wrote. I want to also make it clear that my passion for Cal football is stronger than it's ever been despite how the team has struggled in recent years.

And as always, Go Bears.

7 comments:

Kyle said...

Thanks for all the posts you gave us over the years! I always appreciated your perspective, especially in the good years when I was addicted to reading anything and everything I could find after a good win. Go bears, and here's to some good years to come!

Jim Barlow said...

Agree with Kyle! Looking forward to the more good years to come! And thanks for all the work you put in over the years!

druid said...

Thanks for all of the insights over the years! Blogging about Cal football recently must've been like blogging about root canals :(

Tom Schneider said...

Thanks for the posts. I enjoyed your blog.

Go Bears!
Tom Schneider

Lee Fielder said...

Thanks for the posts over the years. I enjoyed even the hard oneslast year. And all the best to you and the Mrs. and your Bear Cub.

Sean said...

Thanks for your blogging! Go bears!

Anonymous said...

Understood. You say you're done blogging and I have to respect that.

How 'bout them Golden Bears though? The way they handled Northwestern! I thought the game was, I don't know, it was cool... cool and interesting and some players were making some plays and stuff and I could tell that there were formations and schemes and things happening too. It also looked to me like there are some improvements the team can make to be even better - personally I think scoring more points and also (this is KEY!): don't let the other team score as much.

I know you don't blog anymore but that's my analysis and I was just wandering if you might have anything to add.