Tuesday, July 23, 2013

New Endzones

Surprise! The Bears have new endzones in place to go all in with the brand relaunch. They've replaced the old font with the new standardized font and it looks like the colors may have changed slightly as well.


(Click for larger versions.)

More pics and thoughts after the jump.




(Source: CalAthletics)

Overall, I'll say that I'm not crazy about it. It's far from terrible, but it seems decent enough to work. I've been a pretty big fan of the brand relaunch as a whole, but the font has always mildly irked me. It just seems a bit too modern. I can just tell the font will looks a bit hokey in a few years time.

I know some people will like the look a lot, but I'm going to give it a three "meh" face rating.

And ultimately, I could care less what the endzones look like as long as they're being used (hint "Scoring. Lots of it.")

0 comments: