Monday, July 16, 2012

Cal Football Season Tickets Purchased Baby

This is more of a personal update, than anything of any real relevant Cal news.

For those of you not in the know (I'm thinking most), I had been out on the East Coast for the past few years, so I was unable to renew my Cal season tickets during that time. Moreover, being on the East Coast made it a bit difficult for me to follow the Bears during that time with as much convenience as living on the West Coast: no Cal football on cable tv, the time zone change, being unable to make it to spring scrimmages, etc. Thank goodness for PRD74 and his streams. The Lord bless that dude.

So it was with great joy that I was able to get back and finally get my season ticket action going.

I must say, I was a bit surprised at how quickly most of the good seats were sold. By the time I finally got around to calling, I found that they were completely sold out from sections E all the way through II on the west side of the Stadium.


(Click for the larger image)

Now, there were still seats remaining in H, and I'm positive there are still plenty of seats remaining in the ESP section, but that's a tad bit out of my price range. Well it's more like, I'd have a much more difficult time justifying the purchase to my wife.

Needless to say, the stadium is filling out quickly.

My options were the corner sections of the stadium, but once I realized I wasn't going to get premium seats on the west side, and after some much needed guidance from other Cal fans, I decided to go back to my comfort zone on the East Side.

"As explained by my friend, It will be sunnier, but I prefer the east side atmosphere due to the proximity to the students and young alums. Also, it is on the Cal sideline."

Well said. So I ended up in Section U. I could have ended up with a better angle by opting for section TT, but would have compromised distance to the field, as the only seats available were way back in Row 70 or so. I must say I'm pretty pleased with the view level, nabbing seats around Row 30.

And thanks to Cal's nifty Virtual Stadium Tour page, I'm able to get a decent sense of what my view will look like. Check out the view.



When asked how ticket sales were doing, the sales rep I spoke with told me that the office is pretty pleased with the overall sales, citing that they were ahead of their goals so far with more than 20,000 tickets sold. I'd expect that number to jump up significantly as Fall camp gets underway. Overall, there seems to be a bit of excitement from everyone involved about returning to a renovated Memorial Stadium.

Anyway, long story short, get your tickets if you haven't already done so. I'm already regretting my delay in jumping on it, though I am happy with my seats with all things considered.

And if you already have your tix, then I look forward to seeing you there. Go Bears.

1 comments:

Franchise said...

Can I use the ones you can't make up from FresYES?