Sunday, July 10, 2011

Vote on New Field Design


An email has been sent out asking Cal fans to vote on the new field design for the stadium retrofit.

There are seven options in all, with some a bit more "lavish" than others.

You can vote on the designs here.

Check out my thoughts after the jump (I don't want you just going with what I chose, after all!).


I'm personally a fan of the traditional one we have right now. I did think it'd be nice to have a blue endzone and a gold endzone though.

Much talk has been made of options 6 and 7 which are throwbacks to a historic endzone.



At first, I thought, "No way, Jose!" And the more I looked at it, the more I thought, "You know, it could work!"

But I was promptly shut down by friends who thought otherwise.

I also wish they had chosen an option that shows "California" in its classic script. Alas, no option.

My final votes went as:

#3, 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 4.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

IMO the diamonds are just plain ugly and besides that, I don't see how they connect to or represent anything Cal.

My choice was #1.

Bear with Fangs said...

It's def. not representative of Cal, but the design has been used before. I don't know, maybe it could be like the Neyland Stadium of the West Coast?

Yeh, we should stick to what works.

Accidental Guru said...

Don't think about what you like, think, "What would look good to recruits watching in HD?"

Plain diamonds good, diamonds with letters illegible.

Rock the Classic!