Monday, March 9, 2009

RB Tracy Slocum Off the Team

There hasn’t been anything official, and I’m not sure there will, but reports indicate that Cal RB Tracy Slocum has left the team.

It’s unknown whether Slocum has chosen to transfer or whether it was even his choice to leave the team. Slocum had a few off the field conduct issues last season. More details will probably emerge soon.


Again, this is purely speculation, but it very well possible Slocum left the team as a result of a lack of playing time. It wouldn’t really surprise me either. Slocum was a highly touted 4-star running back in the 2006 class, and was considered one of the top players at his position by numerous recruiting sites. Slocum has also shined in his limited playing time in mop-up duties, but may have seen the writing on the wall with Cal’s crowded backfield. 3rd on the depth chart behind Jahvid Best, Shane Vereen, and with Covaughn Deboskie vying for playing time this year, it’s possible that Slocum knew his chances to get significant playing time lied elsewhere.

I’ll get an official update out as soon I get any.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's too bad. I remember how excited I was when Slocum & Montgomery signed in 2006, now they are gone. Oh well, Tedford seems to have no problem getting great running backs, so this doesn't hurt us. I definitely wish Slocum the best!

Bear with Fangs said...

Again, nothing official, but we shall see. I also wish Slocum the Best. Until then:

RB 07 class > RB 06 Class?